I have straight hair and pretty much every day I wish that I had thick, curly hair. This becomes even more of a desire during these cold winter months when the heating makes static electricity a problem. And with the French culture being so image conscious, I am always worrying about how my hair looks when I go out. Do you have straight hair? If you do, then you will want to keep a few tips in mind. With that said, continue to read on for a few tips in my straight hair care guide that you can use.
1. Huile de Leonor Greyl – This has become my FAVORITE hair care product that I’ve found in all of France. If you come to Paris, go to the Galeries Lafayette and head directly for the beauty floor. You’ll find the counter for Leonor Greyl amongst other brands that you recognize (like Lancôme and Chanel). This stuff is designed to be either a pre-shampoo, an overnight conditioning treatment, or something to tame frizzy hair. I find that it works wonders on that static electricity charged hair that I get in the winter.
2. Use The Right Shampoo– It’s important to use the right shampoo, as well as shampoo properly because this will help maintain healthy hair. There are many types of shampoos out there, but you should choose a mild shampoo. Some shampoos are designed to help give your hair a shiny and silky look and feel, and if you have straight hair, then those are the types of shampoos you should use. Don’t buy cheap shampoo either, because the higher-quality ones will likely work better and will leave your hair looking much healthier and shiner, as well as silkier.
3. Trim Hair Often– People with straight hair often have to deal with split ends, but there is an easy way to deal with this problem. All you have to do is trim your hair often. Don’t worry because you don’t have to do it every single day, but doing it at least once per weeks should be enough. If your hair grows very fast and you are prone to getting split ends, then you should trim your hair at least twice per week, as this should be enough to keep split ends at bay.
4. Blow Dry Hair Upside Down– If you have straight hair, then you want to get to the roots when you blow dry because this will help give your hair a little bit of a lift. What you want to do is flip your head over and then start blow drying your hair. If you want to to give your hair more volume, then you should use a quality mousse product or a shampoo that is designed to add volume to your hair.
5. Stay Away From Too Many Products– If you have straight hair, then you want to keep your hair as healthy as possible, and this means you shouldn’t use too many products, nor should you use products on a regular basis because using too many products can lead to your hair becoming damage. Stick with a shampoo, conditioner and maybe a mousse, but don’t overdo things by using hairspray daily, on top of gels, mousse and other products that are designed for your hair. Also, choose products that nourish your hair and contains nutrients that are good for your hair, so don’t just choose any old shampoo, and choose one that is known for helping people maintain healthy hair.
As you can see, there are a lot of things you can to care for your straight hair. Having straight hair requires proper care, and the above tips and advice are some of the most common things you can do for your hair. Keep in mind that there are many other things you can do to care for your hair, but the above ways are some of the most common.